Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas stuffing

• 06-12-2006 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering what recipies people use for stuffing.

in work i mix breadcrumbs with mixed herbs, thyme, parsley, pureed onions, aromat and then use cooking oil to bond it.

at home i use breadcrumbs, sausage meat, mash potato's, parsley, thyme, and a small bit of salt.

so i was wondering what way other people make their stuffing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

coarse breadcrumbs - even the sort of effect you get by cutting bread into pieces about the size of your baby finger nail with a knife and fork.
    diced onions, finely diced mushroom and lean diced bacon, sweated down in lot of melted butter until soft
    chopped sage and parsley
    salt and pepper
    beaten egg to bind if you're using a lot of stuffing (e.g. a turkey instead of a chicken)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

Sausage meat, onions, fresh herbs (sage, parsley and thyme usually) breadcrumbs and egg to bind.

Wrap the whole lot in rashers and cook like a meatloaf (this also works very well as a meatloaf actually! :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, butter and milk to bind, sage, parsley and thyme.

I sweat off the onion and garlic before to bring the sweetness out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Breadcrumbs, fried onions, kerrygold, parsley thyme and a little bit of rosemary......simple and delicious.

Advertisement