Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Ocean FM reporter dies tragically in road accident

Options
  • 06-12-2006 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

The young woman who died in road traffic accident in Co Fermanagh on Tuesday has been named as Donna Ferguson from Belleek.

Donna, who was in her mid-twenties, died at the scene of a three vehicle collision on the Boa island road between Belleek and Kesh this morning. Four other people who were travelling in a van, were removed to hospital following the accident, one has since been transferred to the Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry with leg and body injuries. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Donna, from Daly Park, Belleek, had recently returned from a year spent travelling in Australia and was in the process of studying for a Masters degree in Galway.

Only this week, she had also gone back to work for the Q-network in Omagh having previously worked as a news reporter for Ocean Fm.

Donna Ferguson began broadcasting with Ocean FM when it first came on air in October, 2004, and becamse a well-known voice on the local airwaves.

The Q network is owned by the River Media group, to which Ocean FM is affiliated.

Robert Walshe of the Northern Media Group, and former manager of Ocean FM, has been paying tribute to Donna.

The road reopened to traffic in the last half-hour (5pm) as police continue to investigate the accident. They are appealing for witnesses to contact them.

Belleek based Assembly member, Tommy Gallagher, said there's a mood of shock and bewilderment in the area.
    Link to story
    Sad news, RIP:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

this is very unfortunate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I would just like to add my sense of shock, and to express my deepest sympathies to Donna Fergusons immediate family, friends and relatives.

Also to the friends and relatives of the other four people injured.

May God's grace give strength to everyone who is suffering at this time of tragedy.

Paddy McLean, Ballybofey, i.e. Paddy20.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sadly another young life lost on the roads.

By all accounts she was a lovely girl. My son worked with her at Ocean FM and spoke very highly of her.

It must be a very tough time for her family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

A friend of mine also worked with her at Ocean, and said she was a lovely person. Very tragic for her friends and family.

• Advertisement
Advertisement