Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial question!

Options
  • 06-12-2006 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

2 Very trivial question here but ive just moved into the two bed apt in the park and two things have been annoying me! Firstly there are two bins outside my bedroom window, I think they belong to the people upstairs in the duplex but ive been told the apt and duplex share these two wheelie bins?? Is this true?

Secondly does it annoy anyone that any time your turn on the tap in the toilet it splashes all over the place, even with the stopper in??!! (I did say trivial)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Decks wrote:
    2 Very trivial question here but ive just moved into the two bed apt in the park and two things have been annoying me! Firstly there are two bins outside my bedroom window, I think they belong to the people upstairs in the duplex but ive been told the apt and duplex share these two wheelie bins?? Is this true?

It is generally up to each house to manage their own waste, so unless you have a specific agreement with the people above you, then the bins are theirs and not shared. Seeing as you would have to bring the bags all the way around the block to put them in the bin, I don't see the point of sharing them with the duplex. There is usually a little recessed area beneath the stairs for the two bins to go, so they are somewhat out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

In all fairness, you'd want to check the situation regarding the wheelie bins with the individual management companys.
    In the court, the duplexes and apartments have NO CHOICE but to share their bins.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

If you are having trouble getting the bins shifted and the bins are obstructing your window then your alternative escape route in the event of a fire is blocked. Not something any neighbour would want on their conscience if something like that happened!

And about the tap...two brilliant designs causing one problem: The system is pumped and fires the water at the wash hand basin; the wash handbasin is like a shallow bowl. Suggestions to remedy the problem: Get a less powerful pump or get a better-shaped basin.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you could get an electrician to put a switch on the pump and then only turn it on when your having a shower. Theres usually enough pressure to run the taps without the pump.

Advertisement