Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP! Need Underbody Wash Today in Lucan

Options
  • 06-12-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an NCT later and local underbody wash is broken.

Is there anywhere in Leixlip/Lucan/Celbridge that do underbody washes or am I destined to get the hose out later on??

Test is at 6pm tonight and I'm in work til 5pm!

Ta

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

There is one of those large carwashes in palmerstown that does the underbody, how clean I don't know. It's just beside the silver granit.But why, I must ask, would you wash the underbody for an NCT, they can't fail you for dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Unless the under side of the car is manky, from driving through muddy fields, you donw need to wash the under side. The NCT only ask this for vechiles that are on Building Site / farm every day and are therefore usually very muddy.

Just go to a powerwash / jet wash and pay a little more attention to the wheel arches and rails. You should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dubtom wrote:
    There is one of those large carwashes in palmerstown that does the underbody, how clean I don't know. It's just beside the silver granit.But why, I must ask, would you wash the underbody for an NCT, they can't fail you for dirt.
    They can't fail you as such, but I believe they can refuse to test the car if it's unreasonably dirty, i.e. caked in mud and cow manure for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

thanks - will have to have it washed and take the hose out myself for the under bits.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Slumped, you will be fine. No need for this wash, unless you've actually used your car as a farm vehicle for the past X month's.

I was in the same situation as yourself with a previous car I owned. It passed, all it got was a handwash (as per norm) :)

Good luck with the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

As already stated you should be OK. A car based around Leixlip shouldn't need an underbody wash, just use your garden hose to give the arches and underside a quick blast.

IMO, for most people paying to get an underbody wash is an example of NCT hysteria. There's a nice little industry based around this hysteria. NCT pre tests are another example of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭beezkneez

The Big Automatic Car Wash at Lucan near Mcdonalds does under the chasis if you go for the best one. Not sure how good it is.

Advertisement