Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive time from Rathmines/Rathgar to Newlands Cross

Options
  • 06-12-2006 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Once again Jumpa asks the fine people of this board to give him an estimate of drive time in Dublin!

Looking to move into Rathmines/Rathgar/Rathfarnham. Ill be travelling to just past Newlands Cross, along the N7.

Approximately how long would this take in the morning. Either through the Red Cow or another route somebody might care to recommend. How bad is the Red Cow southbound in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

eh, da fookin red bleedin cow is atrooosious man round seven or aeigh in da moanin so Im toald by me buddy in me gaf. Rathmyones is a lovelely spot tho bud...some nice people roun der

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Why aint you on MSN these days? Well yeah I know its bad in the morning, but Im just wondering if its as bad southbound.

Why aint you on MSN these days?

cas a wook bud, bleedin all ova d gaf! Id say da Red Cow wouldn be a bad as d oda way man....bu wood be bad nuf, ya know what I meean?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Red Cow is generally bad, but the main congestion when travelling westbound is due to traffic trying to join the M50 southbound. You're essentially going against the traffic for your journeys in and out, so you shouldn't experience delays remotely like those that normal commuters would, but you'll still experience significant delays at the Red Cow. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say 30-45 mins in the mornings, and 45-60 mins in the evenings (very much depending on a number of factors).

A slightly better route may be to take the N81 to the M50, join the M50 northbound, come off left at Ballymount, take a right onto the Belgard road, and drive straight up to Newlands cross. This bypasses the Red Cow altogether, but you will have to drive through some traditionally bad traffic areas, most notable Terenure and Templeogue.

Your best bet would be to get a map and plot out a few different routes, and then spend the first week or two in the new place trying them out (leave in plenty of time!).

Thanks Seamus.

Havent got a place yet to try it from, just trying to see if its a viable option first.

• Advertisement

Thanks Seamus.

Havent got a place yet to try it from, just trying to see if its a viable option first.

u can stay in my bed anytime Jumpa

Trilla wrote:
    u can stay in my bed anytime Jumpa

Remember the guy that was watching the Irl v Cyprus game, hes looking for a place round there and it was looking like Id be in Sandyford but that has all changed so just looking to see if its possible to still live around there.

Rathmines has the adopted name of "flatland" Jumpa. Id say youd have no bother whatsoever looking for a place there. pm sent to you there by the way, in case we get in trouble for using this a personal discussion!

In fact, it will be from Dundrum to Newlands Cross area.

So any pointers as to how long would it take to get onto the M50 at Dundrum, get off the M50 either at the Red Cow and down the N7 or get off at the Tallaght Bypass and through CityWest.

u get a gaf or someit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement