Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 online portal

Options
  • 06-12-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Folks,

I have had the pleasure of using the o2 portal www.o2.ie for the past 2 years. recently or in the last 6 months the site has been "improved" by some IT company or internally at o2.

The site simply does not work. Twice I have tried to buy a phone online and twice it failed with the abstract error message of:

Unfortunately we are currently unable to process your transaction. Please try again later.

I had to make 4 or 5 phone calls to the call center to sort the problem out plus o2 must be losing out on online sales.

Does anyone know the company which is carrying out this upgrade? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

Heya,

since that silly update, the site has become slow and really annoying!!!! I mainly use it for sending free web text, but half the time i dont bother anymore as it is faster typing the messages on the phone!.

It either takes ages to load up the next page, or it gives error messages...

Gagalina

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have noticed this too. I havent been able to send a free text in months either. Its gone beyond a joke. My other half uses vodafone and never has a problem with their site.

I would go as far to say that the o2 site seems like its rigged so you cant send free texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mark Byrne

Couldn't agree more, the old site was a pleasure to use. The new site is an absolute disgrace. How it went live is beyond me cosidering it just simply doesn't work, sometimes takes up to 2 minutes to get to the login screen. I used to use it daily for sending texts, I never use it now as it takes an age to get to the text page (if you're lucky enough to get to it and haven't encountered an error on the way). I complained to them twice that the site was unusable, to which they replied that they have had some teething problems, I even suggested they switch the old site back on (which worked perfectly well for everyone) until they get the issues resolved. Now that was a few months ago and as far as I can see it hasn't gotten any better. I might fire them off an email to tell them once again that's in an unusable state,

regards,
    Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I know a girl that works in O2 and she was saying that the current slowness of the site is caused by the amount of people shopping for mobiles on the O2 online shop for Christmas. Now I reckon it was already pretty bad, since the new site opened, but it has become notably worse in recent weeks.

Half the time I can't even get a login screen and a good deal of the rest of the time I get an error or some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

I use o2 for my email and free web texts. I can get in and use these but sometimes trying to log in times out, I get error messages or it tells me to change my password, stalls and nothing happens and the old one stays valid.
    It's definitely gone down since the overhaul.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jor el wrote:
    I know a girl that works in O2 and she was saying that the current slowness of the site is caused by the amount of people shopping for mobiles on the O2 online shop for Christmas.

No offence to your friend, but thats a shoite excuse. o2 should be considering increased sales at xmas time and improving their site! Doesnt exactly give a good first impression to potential customers!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jor el wrote:
    I know a girl that works in O2 and she was saying that the current slowness of the site is caused by the amount of people shopping for mobiles on the O2 online shop for Christmas. Now I reckon it was already pretty bad, since the new site opened, but it has become notably worse in recent weeks.

Half the time I can't even get a login screen and a good deal of the rest of the time I get an error or some sort.

Wow thats a awful poor excuse, their site has always been slow, don't believe me? look for the many threads of the last few years on the Mobiles forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

Even "if" the site was slow because of extra load of people, O2 should have expected this when they started their advertising compaign and they should sort it as they'll loose customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

jor el wrote:
    I know a girl that works in O2 and she was saying that the current slowness of the site is caused by the amount of people shopping for mobiles on the O2 online shop for Christmas. Now I reckon it was already pretty bad, since the new site opened, but it has become notably worse in recent weeks. .

No that's rubbish, the o2 site has been f*cked for nearly six months now, since they did their 'upgrade' back in the summer. It's a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Now this is a new one, even for O2 silly upgraded site - I now get "This organisation is not active" with a Sun Java System Access Manager header when trying to log on ... aggll. Will they get their act together ...

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

jor el wrote:

AFAIK the portal is slow and useless from the moment they did the 'upgrade'... I am sure it has nothing to do with Santa and his evil minions. :)

The only reason I can see behind this downgrade of the portal: it is a good way of discouraging people to use it and to benefit from the free text messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can tell them what you think in this survey they've commissioned. It's a pop up on the website, but here's the direct link.

http://esampler.tns-global.com/eSampler/o2Oct2006Business_survey.htm

Pythia wrote:
    You can tell them what you think in this survey they've commissioned. It's a pop up on the website, but here's the direct link.

http://esampler.tns-global.com/eSampler/o2Oct2006Business_survey.htm

i just gave them a miserable review but its not like it will make a difference! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lol me too , i lambasted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

surprisingly o2 take criticism and negative feedback seriously. They are trying to turn customers into 'fans' or so my friend tells me. the know they can't compete with vodafone in terms of spend howver they are trying to make sure their existing customer base are very loyal to the o2 network with the hope that they will tell other people how good they are, and grow that way. This is one area they aren't doing very well in and i hate using the website esp. to buy credit, half the time it doesn't work leaving me in a position where i can't make a phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's a difference between taking it seriously and making changes based on it. Your mate work in O2? Are they actively working on sorting out the joke that is the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

faceman wrote:
    No offence to your friend, but thats a shoite excuse. o2 should be considering increased sales at xmas time and improving their site! Doesnt exactly give a good first impression to potential customers!
    I agree and so does she, it wasn't offered as an excuse. All the workers in O2 are pissed off with it because people are constantly complaining about it, but there's nothing they can do since it's out of their hands.

Maybe it was an excuse to them by the company's management though, rather then explaining who made the decision to switch the site over to the world's slowest web server. Personally I think they must have bought Vodafone's server because that was always brutal slow too when I was with them.

I'm doing that survey now and giving them a right roasting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

I would love to know which company actually did the work for o2.......

They should be put out to grass whoever they are.........

The website is just not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

surprisingly o2 take criticism and negative feedback seriously.
    etc...

Well 3 of your total post count of 7 have been saying lovely things about o2, so I'm presuming you do work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Miss Pythia,

I work with software and I cant believe that a company would let crap like that out into the big bad world, so I am interested to see which one of the competitors developed this for o2.......

Nice of you to check back on my posts........I am flattered :)

Ahh......just realised that you where talking to Jimmy2shoes..........sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The O2.ie is ridiculous.

For the love of God, can people please email customer.care@o2.ie and customer.first@o2.com with their complaints?

ambrose :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Surprise, surprise...
    Service is currently unavailable
    Sorry, the service that you are trying to access is currently unavailable. We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Alternatively if you require immediate assistance please contact Customer Care on 1909 (Pay monthly customers) or 1747 (Speak easy customers), or your account manager.

Error reference: 502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

well, a buddy of mine ordered a phone from them. they charged his credit card twice but no sign of the phone. :confused:

two weeks of complaining and he finally gets the phone and they credit back the extra charge, but the phone cannot get on to their network!

so another week of complaining and they finally manage to enable his phone, sim card or whatever.

after just three weeks he can now make and take phone calls.. amazing service!
    not to mention the required counselling after the o2 experience :D

in general, it seems the bigger the company is in ireland the worse their web site is. look like as soon as they start making money they start hiring demolition squads to work on their web sites :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Higgsy wrote:
    I would love to know which company actually did the work for o2.......
    Was an external consulting company that did it. And not cheaply either.

This post was brought to you by the letters C and G. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

netman wrote:
    well, a buddy of mine ordered a phone from them. they charged his credit card twice but no sign of the phone. :confused:

two weeks of complaining and he finally gets the phone and they credit back the extra charge, but the phone cannot get on to their network!

so another week of complaining and they finally manage to enable his phone, sim card or whatever.

after just three weeks he can now make and take phone calls.. amazing service!
    not to mention the required counselling after the o2 experience :D

in general, it seems the bigger the company is in ireland the worse their web site is. look like as soon as they start making money they start hiring demolition squads to work on their web sites :rolleyes:

Ordered a phone from them and it got delayed by a week due to a problem with my order being sent to dispatch. After a few emails, most of them nice, and telling them that An Post hadn't lost my ordered them emailed me today to say they're sending me out a bluetooth headset for my phone as a form of apology for the delay.

All I wanted was to know what happened so can't complain.

Advertisement