Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor insurance - derisory settlement offer

Options
  • 06-12-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

[Cross Posting in Consumer Issues and Motors]

My wife had her car stolen about 6 weeks ago. Quite apart from the amount of time it's taken, Hibernian have come back with what I'd consider a pretty derisory settlement offer.

The car was a 2002 Honda HRV 5D 4WD with 50K miles, full Honda history and spotless. Hibernian are offering €12K.

A quick scan of Carzone and CBG shows that private sellers are looking for €2K more for similar, and dealers up to €5K more.

What should the game-plan be here? Does anyone accept a 1st offer? Is there some independent arbitration I can seek, and would it be worth it?

I'm happy to say I have these questions because this has never happened to me before....

Advertisement