Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRV/Solar Heating Combination??

Options
  • 06-12-2006 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

WE have started our self build recently( i know bad time of year, whats with all the rain) and are still undecided about our heating options.
    we are building a block house with kingspan insulation in the cavity and insulated plasterboard on the interlnal walls. We are also thinking of fitting airtight membrane to our attic celing to ensure no draughts come through, we are looking at putting 12-15 ins of insulation in the attic.

We are having radiators throughout our house and we going to install a HRV unit and would like to have solar panels/slates. We want the solar for DHW in the summer months and we are putting in a gas stove with a back boiler for DHW in the winter.
    We are still undecided as to what heating system we will use, wood pellets, oil??
    My question is is there a system out there that would combine/complement the HRV unit,Solar panels/slates with a specific from of heating system. Or is there a particular company who would do the whole package (so to speak)
    We would prefer to have the 3 systems intergrated rather than have them runnig individually if you know what i mean??

Advertisement