Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new explorer problem

• 06-12-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

hello,

ever since i updated to the newest version of explorer (the one with the new layout and tabs)

everytime i log into hotmail or change pages in hotmail, the page freezes for at least 10 seconds,

anybody else experiencing this?

there's this phishing filter that runs now, i never noticed this before so i presume it's a new feature, could this be the cause?? but every other site seems to be ok except hotmail.

any ideas why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

Give Firefox a go, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There's a Hotfix for IE7 Hotmail problems. I'll see if I can find a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

marcphisto wrote:
    Give Firefox a go, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    That's not helpful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

seamus wrote:
    That's not helpful :)

Sorry, I'm just trying to lure people away from the dark side ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

nipplenuts wrote:
    There's a Hotfix for IE7 Hotmail problems. I'll see if I can find a link.

cool thanks, ill see if i can it find also now that i know for definite that its explorer (well most likely)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

marcphisto wrote:
    Sorry, I'm just trying to lure people away from the dark side ;)
    Have a read of the forum charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47980
    No Off-Topic Advocacy: When someone asks a question about their current browser/mailer/etc, either answer the question or don't post. If they want an alternative, they'll ask for it.

You could try opera or firefox to rule out problems with DNS or ISP, but if the problem only happens with internet explorer then a patch for it may be needed, but with IE weirdness emptying the cache and restarting is always worth a try.

nipplenuts - is it this one ?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904942 Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to log on to a HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer version 7.0
    Install this update to resolve HTTP authentication issues in Windows-based systems that do not appear until Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 is installed.

no i dont use outlook, just when logging into hotmail in the browser this happens,

ive been googling it there now, it may be something to do with msn messanger as i recently upgraded to the newer version of that too which seems the exact same exept takes longer to startup :rolleyes:

i might try and uninstall msn messanger and get back an earlier version or something if this keeps happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Did you try the hot fix in Cap'n Midnight's post?

yeah it says its not a valid win32 application (and its for outlook express not the browser)

Advertisement