Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting .wav to .mp3

• 06-12-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Quick response needed on this one please. I have a friend trying to convert a 100+ meg .wav file to .mp3, and is running into lots of problems getting it to a decent quality. Its part of her university project, so its needs to be decent quality on the sound front.

Does anyone know a good (and preferably freeware / shareware) program that can handle this?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

can you not use sound forge, or something like it to split up the file into like ten parts, decode them all seperately, and then put them all together at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Quick response needed on this one please. I have a friend trying to convert a 100+ meg .wav file to .mp3, and is running into lots of problems getting it to a decent quality. Its part of her university project, so its needs to be decent quality on the sound front.

Does anyone know a good (and preferably freeware / shareware) program that can handle this?

CDex should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I swear by audiograbber - never use anything else.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I use Audiograbber and Lame or CDWAVE and Lame. I generally use CDWAVE for larger files, 300mb and more. If you don't have enough ram in the machine that might cause you problems, but problems with quality is simply down to how you are encoding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Cheers for the advice folks.

Advertisement