Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any opinions on IBB Breeze in Maynooth Area

Options
  • 06-12-2006 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Contemplating switching to IBB Breeze and I am looking for info on connection speeds.
    Currently have ICE and have been completely dissatified with the connection speed for the last few months. Tech support "It will be fixed by Friday" is wearing very thin.
    House is not connected to phone line so it appears to be ICE or IBB?

Is it worth switching?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My mate has Clearwire in Maynooth and he's happy with it.

They aren't strict on download limits at all but they do block P2P ports and VOIP as far as I know which might be a problem for you.

Reports in here are that IBB service has vastly improved but I don't know anyone in Maynooth with it so can't say anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

brim4brim wrote:
    My mate has Clearwire in Maynooth and he's happy with it.

They aren't strict on download limits at all but they do block P2P ports and VOIP as far as I know which might be a problem for you.

Reports in here are that IBB service has vastly improved but I don't know anyone in Maynooth with it so can't say anything about that.

I dont think they block any ports tbh... ive used voip and many p2p apps perfectly and it says on the weebsite they dont limit traffic or block ports.

As for should op switch id say yes, i dont know what they are like in dublin but they are perfect for me with great speeds... there dosent seem to be anyone complaining anymore and as for me on 3mb im getting up to 340kbps download and pings of about 25 to most uk game servers

Advertisement