Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This sounds a bit ridiculous..

Options
  • 06-12-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a van, it was at the weekend and I rang up Tesco Insurance (they are the only company under Hibernian open at the weekend) to see if they could do a temp transfer for me even though I'm insured under Brittoninsurance.com. They said just send in a fax and I'd be insured for the time I state on the fax.

So that was all fine, I drove the van home and everything. I now need to take it to a garage to get a few repairs before I start to drive it properly so I rang to get temp transfer again and was told I'd have to pay €144 because my policy is a car policy and I'd be needing insurance on a van. This was the first I heard of such a thing and then I was told that I may be charged for the time I sent the fax in too.

This seems a bit mad, I was never informed that I'd have to pay this and they are now saying that I can be charged for the time temp the last time when I sent the fax in.

Can they do this? Can they charge me without informing they are going to first? There's probably some small print somewhere that says they can, maybe not, but it just seems a bit of a kick in the jewels if I get stung for €144 for driving a van for an hour:mad:

Advertisement