Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sandman

Options
  • 06-12-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

just read the first vol of Sandman, it's OK but I wasn't blown away. I'm told that the story gets better after the first volume. is this the case? its just that it seems to be more expensive than most other graphic novels that are out at the moment and I wanna make sure its worth the money.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you're buying the standard trades, they should still be around 20 euro a pop - unless you're planning to go for the absolute edition (which I'm curious about...recoloured, eh? Well, that would certainly address my only concern abou the series - ie the relatively crappy colouring & printing techniques used back when it first starteD)

That being said, volume 2 is where things kick off properly and some people think the story really only gets going in volume 4. So no, you're not alone in finding volume 1 a bit "meh".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

thought so. I can't see myself shelling out for the Absoloute edition of Sandman, but I agree with you about the sub par colouring, which seems to haunt many titles from the mid 90's..but there you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

i think each trade is about 22 euro, which is a bit steep...might see about buying 2 at a time mail order or something like that....

Advertisement