Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suits

• 06-12-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

where is the besat place in dublin to get a nice suit without having to rob a bank??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Penneys have a nice black pinstripe suit for cheap enough... I think it comes to around 50-60 for jacket and trousers and it's actually half decent (it doesn't look like you've gotten a loan from your dad or something!)... they also have a plain black one, but they don't seem to be nearly as nice or well-fitting.

Other than that, if you're looking for a reasonably priced suit you're probably best hitting general clothes shops and not suit-specific shops...

Just bear in mind that you usually get what you pay for; a cheap suit probably won't fit you as well as an expensive one and may not hold together for as long either (but that's not to suggest that expensive suits last a lifetime either).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Winnie001

Dunnes. I have a couple of suits from dunnes & can through them in the washing machine & they are fine. Remenber that dry cleaning costs a fortune

Have a couple of Next suits - but not v good quality - after first wash hem came down etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

ye i see.. i want a half decent one for around 200-250 euro!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

big syke wrote:
    ye i see.. i want a half decent one for around 200-250 euro!

Ah well then...!!!

Just steer clear of Louis Copeland, Brown Thomas etc. and look for suit resellers (there's on in Omni Shopping Centre that, I think, would have plenty in your range)

If you can hold off, apparently Cleary's have some superb suits in their January sales at really good prices too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If you are able to, hold off for the January sales. If not, I've got my last two suits in Burtons Menswear (located in Jervis St Shopping Centre, and most other centres). Each came to less than €170 iirc. My lil brother got a nice on in there today for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Diffneys in town, blackrock, anywhere else they have shops. Go in the sales and you'll get a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

river island or topman have nice suits that wont set ye back a fortune - also suits u in liffey valley always have gr8 sales on good suits and not to expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Marks and Spencer do very decent suits for the price.

big syke wrote:
    where is the besat place in dublin to get a nice suit without having to rob a bank??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

flogen wrote:
    look for suit resellers (there's on in Omni Shopping Centre that, I think, would have plenty in your range)

Whats a reseller?
    Is it a second hand suit, a store the sells for a designer a TK Maxx sort of job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Next also do nice suits for about 200 euro i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The following are best for suits in your price range:
    Marks & Spencer
    Zara
    TK Maxx will have a few - some are fairly crap though
    You can also sometimes get suits in Brown Thomas sale for around that price - I got a Hugo Boss one for e275
    Massimo Dutti suits are v good quality and will be around that price in their sale. They're in Dundrum
    River Island isn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

John Taylor on Baggot St or James Herron on Dawson St are worth a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Marks and Sparks - Great value and it'll last you a while if you take any care at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Diffney are probably the best bet for your price range. Although if you can wait until the sales like somebody else said, then you can pick up a gem for less then €100. I got 70% off a lovely pin stripe Remus Uomo suit in Arnotts in their last sale a few months ago. Excellent bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

neon in st stephens green do nice one and are really nice i have bought a good few and have lasted i wear them to work so they are lasting well also some nice normal clothes aswell they stock a good range of bertoni clothes

Advertisement