Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car with out NCT is it possible ?

Options
  • 06-12-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have 1998 Mondeo slx with about 120,000 on the clock, I failed the NCT due to high emissions(just the CO2 emissions) , I left it into a Ford dealer and they said that the exhaust manifold was cracked and needed replacing, I did that but then they said that it did reduce the emissions but not enough to pass , and that I would need a new cat converter for around 500 euro , I said I wasn't prepared to pay 500 euro , having recently in the last month had the water pump replaced and timing belt done for 400 euro and , about another 1 month previous to this i had a service done all in the same place.

I went to another guy in small local garage , he looked at the sheet , told me tobuy stuff called dipthene and do the NCT re test, he figured looking at the sheet that this stuff would do it it he siad it was a miracle worker.
    Now at this stage I have another car sorted , but I am not sure what to do with the old one, would anyone be interested in such a car with no NCT particlarly given all of the above. What kinda of money could I realistically expect as I ahve no clue when it comes to cars at all.....
    Any thoughts or input would be gladly appreciated because I feel like I am going around in circles ......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There are a million (approx) 6-8 year old Mondeos out there - most will have an NCT. Yours does'nt, either get it replaced or be prepared for a 'fire sale'

Mike.

Advertisement