Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Essay

Options
  • 06-12-2006 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

For English, ist Year, Critical Readings, what time is the essay due tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I think its 4.30pm, I'll be able to tell you for sure in about an hour [I live with 3 1st yr Eng heads;)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah it's 4.30p.m alright. I had better get started on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Be nice to the person you're handing it in to, she's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Hello Blush! woo...i'm not alone being online and killing time! :p

about 1/3 into my 3000 word essay... it's 3am... that's loads of threes...
    Don't suppose anyone knows if second year seminar essays are victim to the same late penalties as core essays? Or if, ideally, the tutor has some discretion in the matter?

And, if the above is wishful thinking, how do extension requests work if i was sick over the weekend and fell asleep on my table in place of the last 2 all nighters and am thus 2 days late in handing in my essay? oh... and the dept was closed for a staff meeting when i tried to get a request form! (yeah.. bring back the rant/bitch/moan thread)

(edit: oh no...boards always dies at 3am...)

(hey wait blush, is that essay receiving girl you!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

(HAHAHAHA, no, I'm not lovely. Hungover maybe, but not lovely.)

I wouldn't have a clue about penalties for undergraduate essays. However, if you email the relevant tutor/lecturer they can at least advise you. Talking to the person who's head of your course might be the best way to get an extension, but do it as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Penalty is a deduction of two gradepoints per week (i.e. a+ goes to a b-. I think it works out at 10%). Theres no way this is going in today... My head feels like an overcooked parsnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I got on an extension on it till Monday, have to hand in my Childrens Lit tomorrow though, haven't really started it... just messy notes everywhere. On top of my 3,000 word Psychology essay.

Today is going to be fun.

Advertisement