Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband

Options
  • 06-12-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

I contacted Ice about getting broadband in my area.

This was the email I got in return:
    If I am correct I believe you live beside *****,
    and as is stands we are actually looking to acquire a site in ***** but do
    not have any contacts as of yet.

Is this normal? It seems kind of amateurish that they would just send this to me like this rather than have a representative come round to a community meeting or something more formal like that.

I just thought I'd ask here before I handed over contact information as I do know a perfect location and there is a mobile phone mast in place already so the person would probably be open to a business deal for this too as the land is just lying idle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

What area are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Why does it matter what area I'm in?

I live in a rural area near Tullamore. Our area would be ideal for as a site to locate a mast for the surrounding villages but I'm wondering should I give someone elses contact details to them this way.

I don't want to give details if the guy is going to be hassled a lot or something. There is already an O2 mobile phone mast on the hill I'd be suggesting.

Would they be able to use the exacting mast with permission of O2 or would they have to build a new mast for themselves (just out of interest because there was opposition to the mobile mast)?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They would have to pay for access to existing mast. If it was even possible

Power supply can be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

If it's a small WISP, or serving a small area then the o2 charges will be well out of reach to make it anywhere near viable.

Advertisement