Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science

• 06-12-2006 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Okay,my teacher tells us we get 10 percent if we write out all 30 mandatory expieriments, but theres 51 in the book.................help?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Are you sure all the 51 experiments in the book are mandatory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah PFM has a point, there might be experiements that are in the book that are just there to help you understand more complicated experiments, or to cover the basics, every science book will be different though there are 30 or so different experiements everyone will need to know, learn these and you'll be flying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

You don't actually need to write them out tbh. As long as you pretend to have done them and wrote them out, you'll get your 25%. And that's 25, not 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

eh,ok asked him today

theres aroudn 30,but some are like Mandatory experiment 3A ,3B etc so thats why theres 51

and he says its 10 percent.......but then im doing higher level
    maybe its 25 for pass?

and we HAVE to have them done
    cause A:Ispecter could come in
    and
    B:teacher has to sign a note to say a student has the mall done and send them all to dep. education if insepter dont arrive.
    and hes checking next tuesday.....but i have 36 done[i checked last night...btw we are dinished the course like 2 weeks ago so thats why on to the experiments now] so only 15 to do for tues.

If you're finished the course and have time in class ask your science teacher if he can go over some of the more difficult experiements, it's good revision and you get to do the more practical stuff instead of non-stop theory :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I did the junior last year, we were given 10% for experiments written out (30 experiments) and 25% for pre-exam practical work, your project work, the rest is on the day of the exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

just write out the ones that are mandatory.

i do and am

i do and am

Then theres nothin to worry about. The diagrams are the worst to draw out, especially if you are useless at drawing. I know I was. And OP just so you know not everyones experiment copys are checked. Theres only a certain amount from different schools each year;) .

but our teacher is checking...................btw he told us to draw diagrams if there was any

but we told him our first year teacher told us not to,so we didnt,and he said dont draw in diagrmas for those ones,just the ones for this year!

• Advertisement

Make sure your diagrams are big too, you get a lot of marks for these, so big, clearly lbeled diagrams are winn0rs!

Piste wrote:
    Make sure your diagrams are big too, you get a lot of marks for these, so big, clearly lbeled diagrams are winn0rs!

Thats good advice. When I was drawing in all my diagrams they were small, got given out to a loada times about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

The overall mark in science at JC (Higher and Ordinary) is 600 marks.

That breaks down to:

Mandatory Experiments (30 - 10 Physics, 10 chemistry and 10 biology) - 10% (60 marks)

Investigations (2 chosen out of the 3 given or one of your own) - 25% (150 marks)

Written exam in June - 65% (390 marks)

Mike

Advertisement