Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router not recognised as being on

Options
  • 06-12-2006 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted before...

When I connect first everything is fine, speeds ok etc. but if I leave the router switched on and don't use the computer for an hour or so the next time I try to go to a web site it won't connect. It's a Netopia router which came from eircom, when I use the eircom software it says that the router is connected but using the 'diagnose connection problems' option in IE7 it says thats it's disconnected.

also will the inbuilt firewall protect me from viruses and the like before my software firewall (zone alarm) loads?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If it's the Eircom Netopia 2247NWG (silver one with 2 ariels) it could be overheating. It's a known issue. Plugging it out and letting it cool down gets it going again. Make sure it has good airflow around it. Even if it's a different model, the symptoms you describe an overheating problem.
    If it's persistant contact Eircom. They know about it and will send you a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭peachesxcream

Try turning off your firewall....!
    Happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Try turning off your firewall....!
    Happened to me!

which one, hardware or software?

don't think it's an overheating problem either, has me stumped:confused:

Advertisement