Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do North-West residents really appreciate the lifestyle ?..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well as Paddy himself would say - there's no place like home.

Hope you get your wish to get back to the green pastures and by the way welcome aboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

ashken wrote:
    Only for him, i don't think this forum would be any where near as active, for a long time i've been watching just to see what he has to say, he starts pretty interesting threads, and I know he's caused contreversy in the past which gives him his notoriety, anyway, I still want to move home, letterkenny, best town in the countrry, asbrourne only a second best for me.

ashken,

What can I say except Many thanks :D .

P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

moved back to se england recently one thing i couldnt get used to again in donegal rain rain rain but i still found the lifestyle quite easygoing compared to here

dom40 wrote:
    moved back to se england recently one thing i couldnt get used to again in donegal rain rain rain but i still found the lifestyle quite easygoing compared to here

Goodness, I am sorry to read that the the damned rain drove you back to SE England, while I can understand what you mean, having lived in the warmer & drier climate of SE England for a very long time :) .

For me, home is home. Maybe it is an age issue ?..

P. :cool:

yes paddy ive just turned 40 so maybe in afew years the rain may not bother me so much

• Advertisement

dom40 wrote:
    yes paddy ive just turned 40 so maybe in afew years the rain may not bother me so much

Yep, I can personally guarantee it . Merry Christmas to you and yours. ;)

P, :cool:

and have agood one yourself paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

What's there to appreciate?,
    Some people consider its "nice & quiet" up here I think see it as being dead,
    Anyone with any sorta education leaves this quagmire and gets a life somewhere else.
    Anyone who doesn't buys a car and does laps down some dead village all day.
    Ya dont needta be a whole 5 hours from a decent city to get fresh air either,I've got every thing donegal has to offer & i'm only 20min from Dublin.
    While the rest of the country's boomin Rural donegals dyin....Whole villages are up for sale pubs,shops,garages the lot!
    Can't see things changin much either no matter what transport links they put up we're still gonna be on the periphery of the country and the economic and social gap between the Donegal and the rest just seems to be widening daily.
    Wish I could talk more positively about where Im from but unless something economically dramatic happens to the county cant see things gettin any better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

IMHO, what Donegal needs is tourist attractions. Why does Kerry get such a large share of the tourist pie when it is fairly comparable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

IMHO, what Donegal needs is tourist attractions. Why does Kerry get such a large share of the tourist pie when it is fairly comparable?

As long as kerry has jackie healy-raye then it will always be strongly supported by all areas of government.

I see mcdaid is running again, if maybe the NW is going to be supported again, cause if you are relying on a leitrim politician then you are going to be waiting along time.
    Leitrim has been seperated into to 2 political battle grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gareth Austin

I would agree with Paddy, the North West is a superb place to live. Although I do agree that you don't know what you have until you go away. I grew up in Edinburgh and came to live in Ireland about 7 years ago, although it takes a bit of getting used to I love my life here and when people come to visit from Scotland they love the place!

Al lot ask me if I miss Edinburgh, as they say it is beutiful, fantastic city - which it is, and I would have to honestly say I don't. I would rather go up to Glenties for some Music than go to Edinburgh city. I have been in Dublin twice in my years here and I didn't like it as it was so similar to what I was used to in Edinburgh.

The standard of living up here is better than a big city, however it doesn;t suit everyone....My sister hates it here and she is always in a hurry to get back home anytime she visits. She thinks it too wet and too rural.

I think if you look at the amount of 'blowins' coming into the area you have to aknowledge that the North West has something to offer, but sometimes you can't see whats on your doorstep?

Advertisement