Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for rationel type window

Options
  • 07-12-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I need to replace a 1930s wooden window. I reputtied and lovingly restored the windows in my house but just as I was about to tackle the last window, I realise that a lot of it is rotten. So it needs to be replaced. It doesn't really need to match the rest of the house as it is in a new kitchen area which is quite modern and has rationel french doors ( which i sanded and painted - looks fab). A rationel type window would suit but their agent quoted me €1300 to supply and fit a 1m (w) x 1.15m window. A bit dear. Anyone know of other companies doing similar windows? Marvin are coming around tomorrow to give a quote but I think they are also expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gonk

Try Centrum in Bray, 01 2722277.

Centrum are owned by Rationel and are just as good. They did all the windows in my house when I was renovating it a few years ago and we were very happy with quality & price.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Thanks. They are the ones that have already given me the quote. I have seen a company called Swedex. Anybody used them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

mags16 wrote:
    Thanks. They are the ones that have already given me the quote. I have seen a company called Swedex. Anybody used them?

Yes, direct experience! Swedex are fine .

But I'm afraid the outfit that does the fitting for them is a disaster area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 matty2003

I have a back door and kitchen window combined and want to replace it with a new window, so that the door space will have to be built up from the ground, to meet the new window.

Any of these window people do that kind of building work as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Try carlson.ie they're not cheap, but the quality is very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement