Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Build

Options
  • 07-12-2006 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Decided to build my next machine. Here are the specs:

Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming case
    Seasonic M12 Modular 700W Silent ATX2.0
    EVGA nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2
    Intel Core 2 Quadro Extreme Edition QX6700
    Titan Amanda TTC-NP04TZ TEC
    EVGA 7950GX2 SUPERCLOCK 1G DDR3 GRAPHICS CARD
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)
    Mitsumi FA 404M 7in1 USB 2.0 Floppy & Media Drive - Black
    Scythe Kama-Meter Multi Functional Controller
    NEC AD7170A 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition - Retail
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 400GB 4000KS SATA-II 16MB Cache

I got the 7950 for a ver good price so am going to wait for DX10 before I buy 8800's.

:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

The rendering quality of the Geforce 7 series is poor. Read this Geforce 8800 review to understand what I am talking about. To me, Nvidia misguided its customers by delivering crappy rendering quality with the Geforce 7. Quite shameless of them to now proudly say that the Geforce 8 series "fixes" a shortcoming of their previous generation. I'm pretty sure the quality was made to be low on purpose so their cards could appear faster than the competition. At any rate, I would not buy a Geforce 7 now. I would rather go ATI or an 8800GTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Very nice system but like DublinEvents says don't bother with the 7950GX2 when the 8800GTS or 8800GTX are available isn't worth it.

Out of curiosity where were you going to get that EVGA 7950GX2 Superclock from I do not see it listed on the usual places ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i so whish he said black market :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

8T8 wrote:
    Very nice system but like DublinEvents says don't bother with the 7950GX2 when the 8800GTS or 8800GTX are available isn't worth it.

Out of curiosity where were you going to get that EVGA 7950GX2 Superclock from I do not see it listed on the usual places ?

Got it on Ebay for €300 which I thougt was a good deal for a dual 512mb card, which is why I did not go for the 8800's. Also, by the time DX10 is released next year nVidia will probably have a much better card on the market which I would probably want but would not be able to get if I got an 8800 now. I've there was a game out that needed te 8800's I would have got them but I don't think 'll need them for at least 6 months.

I've made 1 change. I'm getting a Western Digital Raptor 150GB instead.:)

Got the heatsink today. Its huuuuge!!! Hope it fits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Just curious. What the heck do you do for a living? That’s some serious cash you are throwing on that PC.

Just curious. What the heck do you do for a living? That’s some serious cash you are throwing on that PC.

Nothing too great, seems worth the money when you compare the same spec from Alienware or Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

i can i see the linky of the card ya got of ebay (the acution)

Advertisement