Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Broadband

Options
  • 07-12-2006 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I hope that somebody can give me some advice cos I'm a bit lost.

My Broadband supplier is Clearwire and up till now everything has been fine. About 3-3 weeks ago I downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 7 and everything went fine until last weekend.

I selected the internet and the home page came up as usual. However as soon as I tried to select another site, I was told can this page cannot be displayed.

I contacted Clearwire and, in fairness, they tried everything re the modem. The lad said he could 'see' my home page being called up and then being stopped. The even sent out a new modem yesterday and nothing changed.

Not being that technical, this has really baffled me !!

Should I try to uninstall IE 7 or has the Norton Security got too 'protective' ? Any help at all would be mightily appreciated.

Many Thanks

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Your home page is probably cached on the PC, so you wouldn't necessarily need an internet connection to see it.

Can you send/receive e-mail? Try pinging Boards.ie from the command prompt to see if you have a connection out.

Has a recent windows update changed firewall settings?

The mere fact that IE7 was working fine suggests something else is the problem, but you could, as a last resort, try rolling it back. As for Norton, you might try connecting with it turned off to eliminate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JohnD102

Thanks for you reply

Sadly I'm at work so not at home to try these options out. I will however try everything you suggest.

Again, not being technically much good, how do you turn Norton off ?

Apart from IE 7, there is no other setting I would have changed, mainly cos I wouldn't know what I'd be doing !!

Thanks for your help

John

Advertisement