Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Bus Services - Finnegans/Dublin Bus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Myself and 3 others got a taxi from Wexford St to Charlesland for €30 recently. You can get a deal if you do some haggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

The timetable for the 84X on the dublin bus website does not have journey times. Anyone know how long it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

depends on the time of day - took 80 minutes from Eden Quay to Charlesland the other day, that was leaving town at 1645. Inbound in the morning might be slightly quicker, off peak services should be a lot quicker (an hour maybe?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

It seems as though the 184 does a loop through Charlesland on its way in both directions (nearly went to Kilpeddar this morning instead of Bray!). So it just comes in, goes up to the Superquinn roundabout and then goes back out along its normal route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

Its great to see a new bus service however it only runs mon-fri and the timing is adhoc!

• Advertisement

Suder wrote:
    It seems as though the 184 does a loop through Charlesland on its way in both directions (nearly went to Kilpeddar this morning instead of Bray!). So it just comes in, goes up to the Superquinn roundabout and then goes back out along its normal route.

yeah - the 84X does the same so you need to check what it says on the front of the bus and hope the driver has remembered to change the display correctly.
    anniec wrote:
    Its great to see a new bus service however it only runs mon-fri and the timing is adhoc!

the 184 runs 7 days a week, 84x only mon-fri

maybe we could have a sticky - "Transport in Charlesland" detailing the different service now serving the estate and times of the shuttle bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

loyatemu wrote:

maybe we could have a sticky - "Transport in Charlesland" detailing the different service now serving the estate and times of the shuttle bus?

Add in Nitelink and Finnegans also...Maybe Mike can rename the Finnegan's Night Bus sticky???

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Seek and ye shall receive (within reason!).

Sticky renamed and merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daveyo

lads have xmas party 21st in town annyone wanna share a cab home to charlesland.. couldnt be arsed with busses... i loath the bus...:eek:

anyone used the Pub Bus yet - was driving up through the village at around 9 last night but didn't see it anywhere.

Is it reliable? (its supposed to depart Redford at 1930, 2000, 2030 & 2100 each evening, hitting Charlesland 15 minutes later).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is it a Finnegan bus? I've only seen a small Finnegan bus so far.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote:
    Is it a Finnegan bus? I've only seen a small Finnegan bus so far.

yeah thats it - i got it home from the village last week (after getting off the last dart). but don't know if the service to the pub earlier in the evening is reliable - don't want to be standing around pointlessly in the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

INCH wrote:
    Just to let you know if you do get the 1am Finnegans Bus if you ask the driver when you get on that you need a taxi from Bray to Greystones he twice has radio-ed ahead for me and when we get to the far side of Bray there is a Taxi company and they had a taxi waiting for me to bring me to Charlesland!!! Execellent service have to say TOP NOTCH!! It cost me €10 to get home but by taxi sure hey better than €60 from town.

I did this on Friday night, but the taxi charged me €16! He hesitated when I asked him what the price was, I figure he just pulls a figure out of his head! I would usually have questioned the price but I was just too tired!:(

Advertisement