Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data cards on a Mac

• 07-12-2006 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Just curious to see if anyhone has got one running?

I have a Novatel U630 (O2 branded) and can't find the drivers, these guys are selling a software package, but I can't confirm if it'ss do O2 Ireland.

It won't install running virtual PC & connecton manager either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

http://www.novamedia.de/ (Launch2Net) will definitely work with O2 Ireland. It's a good investment as it supports virtually every single piece of equipment including phones, USB modems and data cards, and furthermore includes all networks worldwide with the correct settings. It also keeps track of your usage.

Edit: Although you shouldn't even need that. Novatel say on their web site that the U630 works on Windows XP and Mac OS X ("Compatible with most laptops with Windows™ 2000, XP and Mac OS X", so they have drivers themselves for it. You might need to contact them to get the drivers, though, as I didn't find any links on their web site for either the Windows or Mac drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

the vodafone usb modem comes with mac drivers as do the vodafone data cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Fair play to their tech support team, I got on the phone to them last Wednesday or Thursday, and recieved the software from them this morning in the post.

That's good to hear gillo. Apparently not all companies take customer service lightly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Indeed, especially when you read the number of horror stories both here and on the consumer issues thread.
    TBH I've never had a problem with O2, apart from two months in a row I was over billed when I set up a new line on my account, but as soon as I queired it, it was sorted straight away without any hassle. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake.

The set-up took less than a minutes and connected first time. Just a pity there's no data cards on the market yet for the newer express connection's (sorry not sure what the technical name is).

• Advertisement

ExpressCard's have been on the market since earlier this year, it's just that none of the carriers in Ireland offer them yet. For example, I think if you pick up a data card from Vodafone in Germany, they don't even have the old style PC cards anymore! They do have adapters though, for people with older laptops.*

It's the same with handsets; we often have to wait many months for them to appear here, if they are released at all.

* http://www.vodafoneshop.de/shop/mobileconnect_umts/detail.cfm?Artikel_Daten_ID=3463&Kundenart=Geschaeftskunde

Advertisement