Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santas & Water

Options
  • 07-12-2006 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Santas coming soon and ive decided to ask the bearded old man for a water cooling kit to cool my cpu, motherboard, and ram if that exists, with the possibility for expansion for graphix cards if i upgrade from my 7950 gx2, i was looking on ocuk at the swifttech ones but there sold out, anyone reccomend something on komplett or ocuk which is in stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Psycopat wrote:
    Santas coming soon and ive decided to ask the bearded old man for a water cooling kit to cool my cpu, motherboard, and ram if that exists, with the possibility for expansion for graphix cards if i upgrade from my 7950 gx2, i was looking on ocuk at the swifttech ones but there sold out, anyone reccomend something on komplett or ocuk which is in stock?

Water-cooling a motherboard chipset or ram is pointless. There are no performance benifits and they are detremental to the cooling performance on your cpu.

Unless you are willing to spend good money, buy a good air cooler like the Tunic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

krazy_8s wrote:
    Water-cooling a motherboard chipset or ram is pointless. There are no performance benifits and they are detremental to the cooling performance on your cpu.

Unless you are willing to spend good money, buy a good air cooler like the Tunic.

i have an arctic cooling freezer pro

i thought that the intel mobos got quite hot when pushing volts through em?

how much money for a good one? ive been good this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Psycopat wrote:

You can watercool anything...even RAM...but that is getting silly. I'd say it is worth WC the chipset on some boards as they can get real warm when OC.

Have a look around Alphacool's site. You will be able to get all the bits you need to put together a custom system. Nice folks to deal with too.

Here's where I'm at with my current rig...you can't see the rad or res in this shot though. The rad is underneath and the tube res is on the back of the case. The big shiny box on the left is a hard drive cooler.

Click for bigger
    PICT0022.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Looks like a good kit. Same basic pump as mine (although mine does not have the plexi top or tank) and the rad is similar as is the CPU block. Should cool pretty much anything you can throw at it.
    Obviously you will need to add bits if you are wanting to cool northbridge or GPU.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

bit expensive i think try ebay and get a dd pump,dd or swiftech cpu block (the apoge and storm are great),black ice rad (not shure of the make),t-line,dd block for gfx (if you are getting a 8**** card soon)

Advertisement