Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharing broadband

Options
  • 07-12-2006 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm stunned but have actually recently got broadband after months of harrassing eircom. However my neighbours have been told categorically that they cannot get it. So if I were to spread the word via a wireless router would there be any implications to my performance, as I'm on 2m but get less than 1m as I'm about 3.5-4 k from exchange or other concerns I should be aware of.
    :)
    thanks
    Tammy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

You'd only notice a slowdown if they were hogging bandwidth, downloading music, movies etc. Did you not get a wireless router when they connected you? I did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

i would do it f they where willing to pay AT LEAST half price

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

I had a wireless router already and the eircom one hasn't shown up already, is it any good? Don't think I'll charge them as it will hopefully only be a short term arrangement.

I'll ask them to try to restrict the movie downloads.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Actually the wireless router Eircom gave me (for nothing) is quite good and has never given me trouble and was piss easy to setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

a friend of mine has 3 computers connected together

is it hard to share the broadband connection for the 3 of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Bear in mind that, as the account holder, you would be held responsible for anything dodgy your neighbours may download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

no but these 3 pcs are under the one roof

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

coolio_64 wrote:
    no but these 3 pcs are under the one roof
    Sorry coolio. I was making the point to the OP about sharing with the neighbours.

Advertisement