Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technomate OSD

• 07-12-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Just got my new Technomate 1500+ up and running.
    Very pleased with it.

can anybody answer these qs please

1. What are the 5 circles on the channels OSD meant to signify ?
    I know the first one is a dollar sign $ for PPV but the rest ?

2. The cable for the firmware update is 9 pin each end.
    My laptop is a IBM thinkpad and doesn't have a 9 pin out.
    what can I do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can try a USB to serial adaptor or find someone with an old PC.

I have got 9 pin serial, (1.8Ghz Xp laptop) but it doesn't work for my Satellite receiver or Motorola Mobile Radio.

I have to use W98 (not the alternat boot Win2000) on an old 450MHz laptop for the satellite receiver and an old 486 computer for the Mobile radio re-programming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

you can get a usb to serial cable off ebay cheap,thats what i use as my laptop has no serial port either.the 9 pin cable is called a null modem cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

many thanks

Advertisement