Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal in galway

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

can you get it in any of the shops does anyone know? or is it the same as dublin and it's banned? house is cold and the stupid bricks give out no heat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The Little Coal Mine in Wellpark do it, and they deliver I think. It's not banned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Lots of people sell it, including all of the petrol stations. You shouldn't be burning bricks, they are not flammable.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

danniemcq wrote:
    can you get it in any of the shops does anyone know? or is it the same as dublin and it's banned? house is cold and the stupid bricks give out no heat

Coal sold in Galway city is smokeless stuff, same as other big towns/cities.
    Is fairly poor for heating, so I am informed.

Rural shops + filling stations sell non smokeless stuff, this is the real deal, good old fashioned coal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the wat mamyy used to make it!

hmm must take a ander around see what the story is now tomorrow, cheers for the replys

You can get coal in the statoil thats down by lough atalia near the eye cinema as far as I know

Better off chopping up your furniture TBH

• Advertisement
Advertisement