Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT Leon TDI 1.9 2001

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all im tinking of buying a seat leon TDI 1.9 2001.
    dose any one know any thing about this car. is it reliable.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

If your looking to do high mileage then the leon ticks a lot of boxes, it also looks good and is fairly cheap compared to other cars of the same year with that engine, what BHP is the one your thinking of getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

james92 wrote:
    Hi all im tinking of buying a seat leon TDI 1.9 2001.
    dose any one know any thing about this car. is it reliable.

Thanks all.

The Leon is a nice car. It is based on the VW Golf, Audi A3 and Skoda Octavia of similar that time. The Leon is the prettiest of the bunch imo.

The VW TDi engine is a tried and trusted motor and very durable in general. Try and get yourself the 110bhp Signo version as this is nicer than the standard 90bhp version and better equipped. This is easily spotted over the standard 90bhp by the TDi badge on the boot and engine cover having a red "i". They can be easily chipped anyway to increase the bhp if needed.

The Leon looks very nice in black or red.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I really like the Leon too, but the back seat room is tiny, in huge contrast to the bute, which is hoooooooge!

love the Audi-ish dash too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

colm_mcm wrote:
    I really like the Leon too, but the back seat room is tiny, in huge contrast to the bute, which is hoooooooge!

Totally agree - I had a Leon tdi (130bhp, ex uk), which I loved, but had to change because of the limited rear space.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a problem with a lot of the VAG cars IMHO, Leon, Toledo, Cordoba, Bora, Octavia, Fabia saloon etc. huge boot and tiny back seat. prob down to short wheelbases?

• Advertisement
Advertisement