Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Hdd Recorer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Samsung and Pioneer both do DVD HDD recorders with HDMI output:

Check komplett.ie and richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I can't see any mention of the output resolution, assuming it's not HD? Btw, I have the previous version with no HDMI. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

MarkR wrote:
    I can't see any mention of the output resolution, assuming it's not HD? Btw, I have the previous version with no HDMI. Love it.

Thanks for the replies lads. Unfortunately it sold out (surprise, surprise) but I can get this LG model ( http://www.bizrate.co.uk/dvdplayers/lg-rh177-dvd-recorder--pid447203173/information.html ) for €229 in a local electrical store. Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

I`ve been checking the LG out and the reviews are excellent, alas the only place I see it for sale is Pixmania for €253 + p/p and judging by their latest
    reviews it might be dodgy buying off them. What store did you see it in?.

esquier wrote:
    I`ve been checking the LG out and the reviews are excellent, alas the only place I see it for sale is Pixmania for €253 + p/p and judging by their latest
    reviews it might be dodgy buying off them. What store did you see it in?.

Thanks for all the help everyone. You're right about Pixmania, it probably won't have a VHF/UHF tuner. I ended up buying a Toshiba unit, primarily because it would support the DVD-RAM playback of discs in a Panasonic unit I already have.

One thing to watch for with the LG (and many others). There are two functions: 'timeslip' and 'timeshift'. Don't confuse them. Timeslip is where you can watch a programme from the start that's already recoding (even on a timer). Timeshift, on the other hand, is 'pausing live tv'.

What this means is that you can manually start the recording and skip back, but this won't work on a timed recording. The LG unit could not support Timeslip, but the Toshiba did.

The first Toshiba unit had to be returned (faulty HDD), but the replacement is perfect. Retails at €330 approx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Freddie59 wrote:
    The first Toshiba unit had to be returned (faulty HDD), but the replacement is perfect. Retails at €330 approx.

What model number is this toshiba?

thanks

What model number is this toshiba?

thanks

Apologies for the delay in replying. Here you are:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009IF1X4/kaufenundbe1-21/ref=nosim

I would agree with both reviewers. My experience is the same. It's an absolute bargain, given that the equivalent JVC is retailing at €675 on www.did.ie (although you can get it for between €450 and €500 if you shop around.

Advertisement