Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heated bed for old cat

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My cat goes mad looking for a warm place to sleep, our house can be pretty cold at times so does anyone know of a good bed that can be heated so it's hot enough that she'll instantly want to lie down there and then when she gets comfy the temperature can remain at a constant lower level to keep her warm?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Try

www.petbliss.com

I saw one the other day with a thermostat on it and cannot for the life of me remember where.
    Argos have also got some nice pet stuff - give the catalogue a glance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Had a look on pet bliss but there doesn't seem to be anything. I might pop them a mail though because they are only down the road from me and I got a fish tank water pump off them before for a piece of furniture I was making and they were very helpful and gave me a full refund when I told them it didn't do the job I wanted it for (even though it did the job described on the product no doubt) :) So I'd like to give them the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We have one that hangs off the radiator - not sure if thats what your after thou. Our cat bakes himself in it for hours!

hehe, I saw them ones alright, I'm 99% sure our cat wouldn't use it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

It was Argos - just looked it up online

Item number
    035 0846
    It is 73.99 though - bit steep
    See if Pet Bliss can cut it cheaper !!!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. It is a bit steep alright :( I've mailed pet bliss to see if they have something similar anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you tried snugglesafe heat pads, I find them great or even soem vet bed, you can buy it in lengths one or tow feet should be fine for a cat some pet shops sell them.
    Also the little soft cat houses the ones that have a wee hole in them for cats to climb in to, our old cat (R.I.P.) used to head for them when she felt cold.
    If your local pet shop doesn't have them they might be able to order some in.

Here's a link to another site, these are for dogs but would work for cats too.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_accessories/dog_baskets_and_blankets/thermal_bed/36939 they start from under 10 euro.

They also have covered cat beds and vet bed (11th one up from the bottom)
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_accessories/cat_beds_baskets

Advertisement