Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to stay in leixlip?

• 07-12-2006 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

will being working in intel in april and am gonna be renting somewhere in leixlip.
    any advice on where is rough and wheres not? dont want to end up in some toilet.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

TBH the whole of leixlip is going downhill, probably better off getting somewhere in Maynooth and getting a bus/train to Intel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

That's hyperbole, Rozabeez.

Gleneaston and Rinawade are both nice areas, the former particularly, very close to Intel. Rockingham, Ryevale Lawns and Castletown aren't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Anyone I know that works in Intel prefer to live in Maynooth....for lots of reasons. I'd imagine you would have a better time living in Maynooth...I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Leixlip, just the general buzz is that the majority of Intel people I've met prefer to live in Maynooth. Good luck wherever you decide on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Aye it was a bit of a grumpy exaggeration.

I'm in oaklawn myself, its no so bad here if you're not living beside the local shop, there are new appartments right beside the train station and bus stop if you're looking for somewhere to rent. Rinawade is a very confusing estate if you don't know it, careful not to get lost there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I live the far side of Leixlip from intel, Dun Carrig
    AFAIK Theres a new housing estate going in near glen easton that I heard rumours of it being very rough after the first 2 roads
    There is apartments gone/going up there aswell.
    TBH I don't know that area very well... ...at all:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Mr.Plough wrote:
    will being working in intel in april and am gonna be renting somewhere in leixlip.
    any advice on where is rough and wheres not? dont want to end up in some toilet.
    '

Will you be doing shift work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

stay out of leixlip, maynooth is much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You'll be fine anywhere in Leixlip. Just stay away from the main street after midnight at the weekend.
    Are you looking to share a house, apartment, b&b, other?
    There are no rough areas, as such. Just the main street as I have already mentioned.
    Maynooth is pretty much the same (except for a much worse hackney service).
    Main street Maynooth is dodgy at the weekends to, but is fine at all other times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Nala wrote:
    agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Nala wrote:
    I am sorry I must disagree. There are no rough areas at all in Leixlip, unlike Maynooth. Leixlip main street, like that of Maynooth is no different to any other town centre in Ireland on a Saturday night. Most weekends we go out for a few drinks, and we never feel threatened.

Mr. Plough guy was asking for honest advice on where to live in Leixlip, and not get in the middle of a 'my town is better than yours' discussion. For to rent a place on your own, I would recommend the new apartments in Louisa Park, near the station. For sharing, there are very few rented houses in Rockingham/Louisa Valley, which is exclusive and a short stroll from Intel. Oaklawn, Castletown, or Ryevale being another good choice. A little further away is Rinawade and Gleneaston (newer estates). As the previous posts say, there are no bad estates.

Boo

• Advertisement
Advertisement