Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone lines down?

Options
  • 07-12-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

The land lines here in work have gone down we get a dial tone but any land line we ring seems to be engaged? and we cant seem to connect to allot of numbers
    We can ring mobiles so is there a big problem somewhere else in the city?
    started happening about 10 mins ago.....

I rang a few random numbers from my mobile phone book i cant get though to chrurchtown
    tallaght
    knocklyon
    city centre (2 shops in central bank area)

im pretty sure that the problem cant be on our end if we actually get a dial tone
    Anyone else having land line problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've no problems here (Dublin 2). Although with the wind thats outside, I wouldn't be surprised if some lines were cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i hear its going to hit 120 again this saturday, i cant wait to cycle home today :)
    There was a F2 tornado warning last sunday i wonder will there be another?

Ah
    I've been trying to ring a crumlin number since about 12 and its engaged,it must be the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Same here and im in Louth. Cant ring landline or mobile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, please post in the correct forum in future and not in AH because of the traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Having same problem here in Laois (with phone lines not wrong forums :) )

According to Imagine its a countrywide Eircom issue...then again they would say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

IOL (BT) No Limits is down aswell. Crappy thing won't connect. Don't suppose if anyone knows when everything'll be happy and dandy again no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Spike wrote:
    IOL (BT) No Limits is down aswell. Crappy thing won't connect. Don't suppose if anyone knows when everything'll be happy and dandy again no?

Been working fine all evening for me here. Maybe there's just a line problem in your locality or something. :confused:

As for the phone lines being out around the country today, perhaps that might explain why I couldn't get through to the Argos 'Ring & Reserve' number all day. :D I was trying to ring to try and check stock availablity on a few items I had planned on maybe getting today but it was just giving an engaged tone or something all day long. Perhaps that's the reason why then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Been working fine all evening for me here. Maybe there's just a line problem in your locality or something. :confused:

Well I just tried it through a 56k modem (as opposed to my usb ISDN modem...which gives a hardware error of sorts, says the modem encountered an error etc.) and it dials, but then I hear this chap in the speaker say there's an error with the line and to contact my service provider.
    I'm just hoping it's the storm damage stuff and not something else. Does look fairly likely though, people can't seem to ring into me house phone.

Damn wind.

Advertisement