Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

openSuse 10.2

• 07-12-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Surprised not a thread on it, anyone get it? what ye think? gonna download it later...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I read a post on the Linux Format website. It seems the biggest change is the addition of the latest version of software -- Firefox, KDE, etc.

Still my favourite disto. If only I could dual-boot safely with Vista!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is it easy to upgrade to this from 10.01 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Upgrading is a big no-no. Honestly, it's more trouble than it's worth -- stay clear of that application in YaST!

You're best to have a separate partition for your /home folder, back it up, do a clean install of SuSE 10.2 and enjoy. I'd hesitate to even update any version of Windows, a commercial product, let alone an open source one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 georgelowden

i downloaded and in stalled 10.2 i had hassles with the nvidea mirror /address
    and had to use a little work around ,, went to the suse nvidea site and downloaded the 2 files ,,the suse installer took over and installed them ..all ok ..for now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

i think its great, two tips though, dont install apparmour or ZMD(enterprise level package management) neither are needed and will slow the system down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i've always preferred Kubuntu to it for some reason. I suppose once you've fine tuned it to suit you it really doesn't matter. Prefer KDE to GNOME though.

Advertisement