Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

File and Transfer Wizard

• 07-12-2006 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

I'm running XP Home SP2 and have just got a new PC at work. I want to copy files and programs over to the new PC while leaving the originals on the old pc. Is this possible using file and transfer wizard or is there other software that can do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

files are coped easy enough. programs on the other hand, you'll have to install again.

you can use file backup / synchronisation utilities to copy your files over to another PC, like Syncback Freeware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Files (as in excel, word, etc, saved on your desktop and in My Documents), yes you can travel across.
    Programs, you can't. And I doubt your work would want you doing that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

No worries, that's what I thought. I just didn't want to have to go to all the hassle of reinstalling.

Oh well, no harm in asking.

Advertisement