Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

summons

Options
  • 07-12-2006 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

ok here i go

i am currently in china and have been for the past 2.5 weeks. i will be here till the end of January, i rang home just there and my father said i have, i think 2, summons for the same incident for court. the incident in question was me driving without a full license driver(im provisional) and without tax. i had just gotten the car so thats the main reason why but i know still not excusable. but thats besides the point. i know i shouldn't have been driving so please don't point this out as its not the question.

the point is, at the time they had taken the car off me. i paid the fine to get my car back and also got my tax immediately. lesson learned. the thing is this all happened months and months ago. i cant remember the exact time, sometime around February id say. At the time i certainly don't recall them saying i could be summons for this and with it being so long ago, i guess my questions are as follows...

1. Are the guards who took my car off me not supposed to inform you that you may be summoned

2. Even if they are not, which obviously it would be my word against theirs, how come it took so long to summon me.

3. what could i be facing in terms of fine, penalty points, taking away of my licence.

4. the date i am due is the 16th of this month. i hadn't received the summons before i left and since i wont be back in time, will this affect me or look bad on me when i do go for the summons??

thanks for everyones time in reading and writing back and mods feel free to move this if necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you might be better off posting this in the motoring forum, ask a mod to move it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

your safe, you can not be charged for not appearing in court but i think you do need to make contact a No show is a bad thing so ring up say hey yo im in china have been since before i received my first summons so sorry, and then well i don't know what will happen, if u went on or booked your holiday AFTER you got your summons your screwed.

Your ok tho because u where on holiday before you got your summons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, please make an effort to find the correct forum in future. Mods, bounce it back to me if you reckon its in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

If the fine you paid was for both offences, then I would fight the summons in court. IT sounds like an error by some one in admin for the Guard's. Once you have paid the fixed fine for the offence, that should be the end of it. Both offenses sound like fixed notices so unless you never got these you stand a good chance of getting off with no further penalties.

Advertisement