Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dev-C++ compiler problem

Options
  • 07-12-2006 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Guys ive been through every dev-cpp compiler guide i can find and i'm still getting this compiler error:

"Compiler: Default compiler
    Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\daN^\My Documents\Final Year Project\Makefile.win"
    Executing make...
    make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\daN^\My Documents\Final Year Project\Makefile.win" all
    g++.exe src/display.o src/engine.o src/main.o src/orc.o src/player.o src/sound.o src/sprite.o src/spriteBase.o src/MenuItem.o src/Menu.o src/Font.o src/SFont.o src/Item.o src/message.o -o "game.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -mwindows -s

The system cannot find the path specified.

make.exe: *** [game.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated"

The code is fine, but i can't seem to get it running, even though i've slotted all the sdl dlls in the right dev-cpp folders.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Im no expert on compilers, but could it be the '^' character in the folder name that the compiler doesnt like? Maybe it only expects alphanumerica ascii characters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think some makefile processors treat the ^ as a special character. I know NMAKE does, others may do as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

yeah, DaSilva and aidan_walsh are right.
    '^' is special character under console subsystem too..or ms-dos.

Advertisement