Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording from digital television

• 07-12-2006 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm probably being obtuse, so be gentle if I'm asking an obvious/stupid question.
    I recently got digital television in and it seems that I can only record onto my dvd player from the channel that the digital decoder is displaying. So, for example, I can only set the timer to record a particular station if that station is the one displayed on my TV, which kind of defeats the purpose.
    Is there a way around this?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

no.

assuming this is NTL or Chorus digital - the set-top box contains a digital tuner, your recorder does not. Therefore you must watch what you are recording. With analogue TV your recorder contains an analogue tuner, so it can tune in a different channel to the one you are watching.

If you have NTL digital, you can set a reminder for a particular show, and them tell it to autotune - this will force the box to change to that channel at the time. You'll still have to watch what you are recording though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

Boll*x. Ok thanks. I don't even have the auto tune option as it's Chorus.
    And this is progress?

Advertisement