Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building new pc, issues.

Options
  • 07-12-2006 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Having trouble building a new (budget) pc.
    I just got all the components from komplett.
    When i power up, i get power to the cpu fan and the apg card but get nothing on screen.
    No error code beeps.
    However, are error code beeps contingent upon having the chasis speaker connected??
    Anyway, it's a ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA mainboard.
    I took everything out of the case and have the mainboard resting on the anti-static bag it was shipped in.
    Then have the harddrive connected via SATA, video card in the AGP slot (tho i've also tried an old pci one)
    RAM installed etc.
    Boot up and it's the same, getting power to the board and vid card but nothing appears onscreen.
    A couple other things of note:
    - the molex connector for ATX power, you know the small 4 pin (square) one?
    Well, when i connect that to the board i get no power to it at all.
    So i'm leaving it disconnected.
    I don't know what that's for.
    Also, the chasis connectors for power sw, power led, hard drive led etc, don't all match the pins on the mainboard, so i just have power sw connected.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

What make & model is the graphics card according to the manual AGP cards that use 3.3v will damaged the motherboard if inserted and powered on.

Try swapping the RAM from either the yellow or orange slots.

The 4 pin ATX12v connector is used but not much we can do at this stage.

For the sake of it remove the bios battery and clear the CMOS just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

GFX is a Club3d Radeon 9600
    I tried swapping the RAM into the other slots, and clearing CMOS battery but no luck.
    Good suggestions tho.
    Any others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well it's not the graphics card then.

Not a whole lot of options I'm afraid if it were me I'd take it apart again remove the CPU and just try again & hope...

Failing that see if you can borrow a PSU from a mate and see if the board boots with that, some older ATX PSU's didn't quite work right with newer generation ATX boards (that's assuming your using an old one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

Solved by replacing the PSU.

fyi

Advertisement