Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on Department of Social Welfare?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lost.ie

i'd just like to say that for all those people complaining re waiting times phones not being answered etc!!! please come in and work in sw and see how much moaning you'll do then!!!

try working for arrogant managers who have no consideration for your opinion and don't regard anything any of their staff!!!!!!!

and then have to go to hatch and answer phones to people giving out the 5.5 hr day that someone mentioned earlier hello if we're al at the counter for 5.5 hours how the hell are we supposed to get any claims paid when we're answering phones queries at counter etc

you come and try and do a better job and then come back to me by the way i do work in sw and have done for quite a number of years so spare us all the complaining and if anyone is stuck for money please attend your local community welfare officer that's the whole reason they're there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You signed up here just to defend how crap you do your job? It's a pity your managers did nothing for the last decade to get ready for this recession. That of course would involve too much forward planning and thinking outside the box. Far too much brain power required for them where the main skill required is to act nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lost.ie

Nolanger wrote: »
    You signed up here just to defend how crap you do your job? It's a pity your managers did nothing for the last decade to get ready for this recession. That of course would involve too much forward planning and thinking outside the box. Far too much brain power required for them where the main skill required is to act nice!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

well excuse me Nolanger no one told me that boards was exclusive to excuse the pun "langers"

wat is it exactly you do for a living???????? spare me the b*ll!!!!

you prob vote fina fail too!!!!!!!

don't talk bout wat you have no idea about!!

I think most of my posts on this State Benefits forum have been useful to people. The fact that the dole offices dealt with the increase in the unemployed by hiring more staff instead planning in advance to tackle this crisis proves me correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dow88

I find the social welfare department very difficult to communicate with. I applied for the social benefit for the first time back in November. I handed everything into them and had to wait for a letter from fas to hand in. A week after I handed everything else in I handed the fas letter into them personally and they said it should take a couple of weeks. I hadn't heard from them in a month but was told by other people that they had waited up to three months to hear anything back. I waited until a couple of weeks ago and when I went into them they told me my claim had been cancelled back in November because they never received the fas letter from me, the same letter I handed into them personally so I would know they got it.
    I handed the letter into Ballyfermot as they deal with all the claims from my area and went back today and the same cold, unfriendly and unhelpful person I have to deal with at my social welfare office told me I should have handed in the letter to them as Ballyfermot never rang them to tell them they had my letter. Then she had the cheek to imply that I never handed in the letter which really annoyed me. I know there are people out there that are cheating the system but that doesn't mean that I am and I don't like being treated like I am beneath this particular person I have to deal with. They do their best to shift the blame elsewhere rather than admit fault seeing as one of the people working in the office lost the letter in the first place.
    I don't know what to do about this, it is very frustrating and I have absolutely no money because I have been waiting 2 months for my claim. If I could get a job I would but seeing as there is not an awful lot out there I'm stuck in this horrible situation.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

Maybe ring your local TD???

Dow88 wrote: »
    I don't know what to do about this, it is very frustrating and I have absolutely no money because I have been waiting 2 months for my claim. If I could get a job I would but seeing as there is not an awful lot out there I'm stuck in this horrible situation.:(
    What FÁS letter did you hand in? Make a new claim and request backpay from the previous cancelled claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dow88

SC4 form to say I finished a course. I have to re-hand it in for the third time tomorrow so I'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭easy1

Dow88 wrote: »
    I find the social welfare department very difficult to communicate with. I applied for the social benefit for the first time back in November. I handed everything into them and had to wait for a letter from fas to hand in. A week after I handed everything else in I handed the fas letter into them personally and they said it should take a couple of weeks. I hadn't heard from them in a month but was told by other people that they had waited up to three months to hear anything back. I waited until a couple of weeks ago and when I went into them they told me my claim had been cancelled back in November because they never received the fas letter from me, the same letter I handed into them personally so I would know they got it.
    I handed the letter into Ballyfermot as they deal with all the claims from my area and went back today and the same cold, unfriendly and unhelpful person I have to deal with at my social welfare office told me I should have handed in the letter to them as Ballyfermot never rang them to tell them they had my letter. Then she had the cheek to imply that I never handed in the letter which really annoyed me. I know there are people out there that are cheating the system but that doesn't mean that I am and I don't like being treated like I am beneath this particular person I have to deal with. They do their best to shift the blame elsewhere rather than admit fault seeing as one of the people working in the office lost the letter in the first place.

nearly that same happens with me in the ballyfermot office,they loose all my partners payslips for few months,and just make me guilty...they blame me,when my meaning test was done a more than year ago,what was not my fault,...at last oficier understand,when I was a honest and do my test in 3 days time,because just some staff was lazy to do their job....Some staff just give a customers a empty promises,but in same time didn't check properly documents and didn't put in the file,just throw somewhere .

• Advertisement
Advertisement