Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia Wireless Router

Options
  • 07-12-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

My question is can I connect my broadband too it. I have satellite broadband and the cable that comes in is like the regular ethernet cable. The dsl plug on the bag is too small for this so can I get some sort of adaptor to sort this out.

Cheers, Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I am not 100% sure on this but I don't think you can use it as they are 2 different technologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

sounds to me very much like his sattelite modem is somewhere he cant see it and the ethernet end is just like any other should work
    try it and find out....would only work as a switch though and you would probs need to turn off dhcp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

the wireless would still work also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Note this post from IRISHTLR on how to use an ADSL all in one router for a technology other than ADSL (wireless or sat)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52252775&postcount=7

plug pc into sat, run ipconfig , note settings

now plug pc into netopia , run ipconfig , note settings

Basically the problem usually boils down to having 2 x 192.168.1.1 gateways , one on the sat box with ethernet and one on the adsl router so the one on the Netopia must be disabled somehow leaving only the sat one (or wireless one) as the real 192.168.1.1 .

This is possible but requires clearheaded logic and maybe a telnet onto the netopia:D

Advertisement