Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help - Football Wedged Under Front

Options
  • 07-12-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong area but some little gob****es thought it would be hilarious to kick a football out in front of me just a few minutes ago, what with the heavy rain and traffic I couldnt avoid it and drove straight over it, its now wedged between my right front tyre and whatever is the other side...I was only 2 mins from home so assumed it was alright to get home...Is it safe to drive with this under?? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'd stick a screwdriver into it and remove it deflated. Don't have one, walk home get a knife. If you do drive off it should pop out, if the casing around the wheel is plastic it could crack.

PS : This is Ireland so you might need consent forms from the ball's owner to burst it...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

Thanks am home and the little nobs were roaring at me for driving off with their ball :D will stick a screwdriver in it now!! Duh why didnt I think of that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Thanks am home and the little nobs were roaring at me for driving off with their ball :D will stick a screwdriver in it now!! Duh why didnt I think of that! :p

:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

try reversing! might pop it out! Illegally park and see if they can clamp you with it on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

antodeco wrote:
    try reversing! might pop it out! Illegally park and see if they can clamp you with it on!!

If that works Smyths toys are doing a multipack with a selection of balls. =]

Although thinking about it you only need one as AFAIK a clamp can only be applied to the front wheel, drivers side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

saobh_ie wrote:
    Although thinking about it you only need one as AFAIK a clamp can only be applied to the front wheel, drivers side.
    I've never heard that before. Why would that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

I think that its fitted to the driver's side so that the driver can't miss it even if the window sticker has been removed. I understood that it should normally be fitted to the driven wheel and I think that I've seen some fitted to the rear wheel of some cars, although I wouldn't swear to it. It would make sense for it to be fitted to the front wheel to reduce steering effectiveness as well as traction in the case of most cars on our roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

will stick a screwdriver in it now!! Duh why didnt I think of that! :p

After draw a smiley face on it and give it back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

how did you drive and steer with a ball stuck there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

saobh_ie wrote:
    If that works Smyths toys are doing a multipack with a selection of balls. =]

Having been clamped myself , I can say that this isn't true! Mine was done on front passenger side. Probably because drives side wheel was against the footpath so inaccessible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement