Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FONECLUB???? Eating my credit!!!

• 07-12-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Hey all!

A few weeks ago silly me signed up to something called FONECLUB. It tells me Im in a draw for a 1,000 euro which is clearly a scam but I didnt realise what it was initially. Everytime, it sends me a text telling me such and such a person has won a 1,000 euro and when I check my account balance it takes 2 friggin euro out of my credit!!!!!! Does anybody know what the 'to unsubscribe' text code might be??? Thanks very much

Silly Rockee :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think its "stop"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Dman001 wrote:
    I think its "stop"

I tried that, no texts back so far. It could also be 'UNSUB' Ive tried both anyway and nothing so far so it should be fine. Just shows what gangsters are out there determined to rob our credit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what number is it coming from?
    you should read the sticky @ the top of this forum too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up your Network. They can tell you where the money is going to and provide info to stop them, usually a contact number or shortcode. Depending on the agent they will usually send off an email on your behalf too.

Also, put the shortcode into the box at the bottom of this page - http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php - to get some more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bundie90

hi i read that you had problem with foneclub taking your credit and i have same problem
    thay are taking money off me left right and centre,did you ever find out how to get them to stop?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Subscription Messages
    1. To stop them reply with "stop" - without the quotes. Take a note of the date and time you replied. If you can't reply go straight to step 2.

2. If you get any more messages from them take it to Data Protection Commissioner - RegTel are the regulator with enforcement powers over this kind of thing though in my experience you will get more mileage from the DPC.

Unwanted Non-Subscription Messages
    Even when you unsubscribe from these services you will probably still find you receive unwanted promotional texts. In this case there should be optout information in the text. If not, step 2 above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Have said it before, and reiterate, why would you feel the temptation of signing up to these services? I just don't see what's so good with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

flodis79 wrote: »
    Have said it before, and reiterate, why would you feel the temptation of signing up to these services? I just don't see what's so good with them.

Did you not read the bit about winning 100000000000 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Did you not read the bit about winning 100000000000 euro?

Ah that bit. Nah I'm under the belief that it's easier to win the 98fm cash call...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nycole

bundie90 wrote: »
    hi i read that you had problem with foneclub taking your credit and i have same problem
    thay are taking money off me left right and centre,did you ever find out how to get them to stop?????

hi there just txt stop to 57700,nycole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 noeman64

yea just texted STOP to 57700, got a message back straight away telling me i was unsubscribed. it was that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This thread is being bumped every 5 or 6 months for no real reason. I'm gonna lock it off now. Please drop me a PM if you feel it should be reopened.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement