Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL- No service

Options
  • 07-12-2006 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just got off the phone with NTL - No service in Charlesland and they are currently working to fix problem and should be back by 8.30pm!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

ah cheers for that - was wondering why the STB was taking 45 mins to do its upgrade but couldnt face the thoughts of ringing NTL...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I am sick to death of NTL. They have the worst service of any company I have ever come across.:mad: Every day there is something wrong with the tv and it's always when there is something on that you really want to watch

Rant over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I am so sick of them too so I had enough and ordered Sky+ it will cost me €30 more a month but well worth it. I cant even cancel my flippin NTL becasue they wont answer the flippin phone 45 mins on hold in total to them yesterday.....customer service is non exsistent!! They dont give a damn so I refuse to pay them anymore money for an appalling service. Rant over;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sky+ rules! I can't imagine how we ever got by without it!

Now all we have to do is get the dish relocated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

anniec wrote:
    Just got off the phone with NTL - No service in Charlesland and they are currently working to fix problem and should be back by 8.30pm!

Thanks for that. Switched on at 9 and nothing so listened to the wireless instead! Make sure they reimburse you for the loss of service. It won't be much, but I'll be demanding it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gomarinago

Send an email complaining about this to them we were off for 4 days in december last Customer.Support@ntl.ie Idid this morning will p.m.anybody the text we all here should do the same otherwise they'll ramble on as they did I got a good prompt reply and two months rental creditted.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Ok Ive had enough!!! NTL has gone off I dont know how many time since last week and of course only when your watching something, I dont have a landline so cant ring the freephone and certainly aint risking the main number on my mobile. I keep doing the usual taking out scart card and putting it back.............I seriously thinking of SKY to hell with the mgmt co. Anyone having this problem lately................rant over, thanks for listening :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

LMC, if you hit HELP on the remote control and then press yellow (Reset) you should have a few of the problems sorted for you. Failing that, I have a sledge hammer you can borrow.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote:
    LMC, if you hit HELP on the remote control and then press yellow (Reset) you should have a few of the problems sorted for you. Failing that, I have a sledge hammer you can borrow.

Believe me I was tempted to throw something at it last night - between only being able to tape what your watching :confused: and it going blank when it feels like it - I think its time to throw in the towel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

LMC wrote:
    Ok Ive had enough!!! NTL has gone off I dont know how many time since last week and of course only when your watching something, I dont have a landline so cant ring the freephone and certainly aint risking the main number on my mobile. I keep doing the usual taking out scart card and putting it back.............I seriously thinking of SKY to hell with the mgmt co. Anyone having this problem lately................rant over, thanks for listening :-)
    You need a phone line to get sky...

• Advertisement

daveco23 wrote:

I know - more cost!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

daveco23 wrote:
    No you don't, but you'll have to pay extra for it. Check the Wicklow Times ads for names and numbers of guys who'll do it for you.

Hey guys,

Is it just me or has anyone else lost some channels from the NTL service. I'm missing the digital choice package and its a bit late to get onto them to sort it out. It's not like I asked for it to be removed! Anyone else having this problem?

Astro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

was missing a few earlier but think it was the weather as all the channels were coming and going. Still no excuse as NTL is the worlds worst service rain hail or shine!

Well I've unplugged the box, reset the box and still nothing! Weather me arse, NTL is hopeless. It says I haven't subscribed to this service! I suppose I'll have to keep watching Pat 'The Wood' Kenny for the rest of the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

That has happened to me a few times. It goes away if you turn it off, take out the card and and put it back in again. Not sure why. Think it might just come loose. Or maybe its from dust. Not sure.

I rang NTL yesterday morning and they said they were doing some maintenance on the MMDS accounts and this inadvertently scrubbed off the Digital choice and other packages. They were still trying to fix it yesterday. I keep resetting the box every now and then but to no avail. The nice young NTL lady on the end of the phone said she'll get her manager to sort it. Hmm...me thinks I'll be waiting a while before this problem gets sorted! So how much is Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Try this,
    1. Make sure the set-top box is powered on. The Green led should be illuminated

2. Press the green button on the top of the NTL remote control to switch set-top box to Standby.

3. Using the remote control, enter 7223. (This number must be entered within 5 seconds of the set-top box going to Standby). A Blue Screen should now appear on the television screen
    4. If no blue screen appears, press the A/V button on your TV remote until the blue screen appears. If the screen fails to appear turn the box on again and repeat from step 1

5. Press OK/Select

6. Using the remote control, enter 258

7. Press OK/Select

8. Press Guide/Services

9. Press the green button on the top of the NTL remote control to switch the set-top box to Standby.

10. Press the green button on the top of the NTL remote control to switch on the set-top box

11. Service should now be restored
    Failing this, go to superquinnn and purchase two bottles of Veranda Pinot Noir 05 and give up on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

astrofluff wrote:
    Well I've unplugged the box, reset the box and still nothing! Weather me arse, NTL is hopeless. It says I haven't subscribed to this service! I suppose I'll have to keep watching Pat 'The Wood' Kenny for the rest of the evening!

Or, buy a Nintendo DS Lite and some brain training games - aye karumba, soooooooooooooo addictive - I bring one for the DART to Dublin as an alternative sometimes to reading, - and wave the Woodster goodbye !!

I smypathize, I have NTL too, but the reset facility on the Help button has yet to fail...... (knocking frantically on Pats forehead).....

Advertisement