Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Remember Me" on main screen?

Options
  • 07-12-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    Just wondering if there's any way you could put a "remember me" tick box beisde the user and pass fields on the main boards.ie page? It's on all the others when I click through, just thought it might be an idea to put it there as well?
    Thanks,
    Devon.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would like that, but you could set your bookmark to your usercp. Do you not have it so that you are always signed in? Handiest...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I would like that, but you could set your bookmark to your usercp. Do you not have it so that you are always signed in? Handiest...

For some reason my version of firefox decides it doesn't want to remember any login details and deletes them all, so a tick box on the front page would be handy for me too! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Go to your usercp and drag it to your tabs bar, so you have a quick link to signing in. Don't even have to type to get there. (:
    I don't know why your login details wouldn't save...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

humanji wrote:
    For some reason my version of firefox decides it doesn't want to remember any login details and deletes them all, so a tick box on the front page would be handy for me too! :D

It would be useful to have the 'Remember Meh' on the frontpage alright.

humanji, have you got "Allow sites to set cookies" in Firefox ticked, its under Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'd use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Yea, it would be dead handy on the front page. It bugs me a bit, especially since the fora don't drop down from the top bar without logging in anymore.

Not everyone uses the same PC/laptop all day. College computers rarely 'remember' anything.
    Also, if others use the computer a link in your favourites might not be the most desirable situation.

Advertisement