Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another shed problem...

Options
  • 07-12-2006 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭

I have just had a concrete shed built in my back garden . It was built using a single layer of bricks against the back wall of my garden so only 3 extra walls had to be built. Its just finished today and it looks perfect from the outside. However I have just realised that inside, the back wall of the shed (the garden wall) is drenched wet and has remained so all day. I have not skimped on materials and I had expected that the shed would be dry and suitable for storage. The builders dont seem at all surprised by it being wet and say it's perfectly normal for concrete sheds. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is indeed normal and if my expectations are too high? If it isn't normal is there anything I can do at this stage to improve the situation ? I haven't paid the builder yet as he's calling tomorrow. Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome and gratefully recieved. Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Blocks soak up water like a sponge, you will need to plaster the shed to make it waterproof, including the back of the garden wall.

Advertisement