Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abit annoyed after getting Turbo trainer.

Options
  • 07-12-2006 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I received my TT today. Its a TacX swing. A moderately priced TT.

It doesn't even come with the yoke for holding your front wheel though.

Do I really need to get this seperately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Unless the place you bought it from explicitly advertised your trainer as coming with a front wheel support I imagine you are out of luck - typically a riser block doesn't come with a TT.

You should find sticking a phone book under your front wheel works well if you feel comfortable with that.

If you have your heart set on something nicer looking than a phonebook, you should be able to get a riser block from most retailers - shouldn't set you back more than 20 euro. Ebay will probably be even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

cerebus wrote:
    If you have your heart set on something nicer looking than a phonebook

...you could use a leather-bound copy of "A Christmas Carol"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Comes seperately,
    If you're in Dublin, Cycleways have them downstairs. Like the lads say you could improvise.
    junii wrote:
    I received my TT today. Its a TacX swing. A moderately priced TT.

It doesn't even come with the yoke for holding your front wheel though.

Do I really need to get this seperately?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Elite Travel Block for 19 euro at Cycle Superstore. I use two of those "Independent Directory" phone books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Phone book for now anyways. At least Ill know where to find it now when I need a number. Calls to 11850 are proving to be too expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement