Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 boards.ie multiplayer

Options
  • 07-12-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Anyone else love quake1 multiplayer? I think it's class, the way ye move in it is perfect and the weapons are great.

I was thinking maybe we could organise a small weekly get together and play some deathmatch or something. I don't have a server but my connection could handle 2-4 players.

If yer interesed just post here, or better yet, if ye have a server ye could run quake 1 off for a night a week that would be great!

Peace out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

There are plenty quakeworld servers already out there. Games1.iol.ie:28401 would be the most popular irish one. Plenty of people play there every night.

I'm guessing you don't have one of the modern clients. If not, go to http://equake.quakeworld.nu and download that one. Modern quake clients offer many improved features over the oldschool id one. Quake source code was released to the public ~6 years ago and people have improved on the old way of doing things.

If anyone is having any problems, or just wants someone to play, simply look for one of us irish quakers on irc. We're on the #qw.ie channel on quakenet.

Advertisement