Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Help ****

Options
  • 07-12-2006 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a CD of all the best Christmas carols(o holy night etc) but that was recorded by just an orchestra but with no choir, any help would be greatly appreciated, cheer.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Oh I think my mum has something like this at home. I will check for you tomorrow when I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Thanks very much

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Very sorry. Did a total search of the Christmas collection and everything has choirs on it. So I must have just got mixed up or maybe there's a big instrumental bit in the middle of one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Em.........try this....

Its not the norm, in the sense of instrumental carols. Its some original compositions on the carol themes.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Thanks for the help but I found what I was lookin for, its called 1000 Strings Play For Christmas, its part of a whole collection of The 1000 Strings company, they take a theme and orcastrate it completely for a huge string section, absolutly amazing, all the best Christmas carols with no choir so it has a much less churchy feel and its worth a listen by all, can be found on iTunes under 'Christmas Stings'

• Advertisement
Advertisement